Monday 20 August 2012

Sunday Dinner yummy

We went to MIL today for Sunday dinner on Monday, as she wasn't here to do one on Sunday. We didn't know this plan until I was half way through cooking mine so we have had a Sunday dinner two days in a row. I can tell you I didn't eat much today as I was still stuffed from yesterday. My SIL then decided to 'do' a barbeque and so we went there for our tea. I managed to eat half of a hot dog and I was stuffed. All I really wanted to do was get home and get stitching, how sad is that lol.

Well as promised, here is my Great Grandma Churmes stuffing recipe.

4 slices of bread made into bread crumbs










one onion finely sliced










fry off onion











in a large mixing bowl add bread crumbs, sage and the fried onions mix well.










add two eggs and mix until all is combined











spread flat and bake until golden brown


I must say it is delish!!










My yorkshire puddings came out amazing as per usual. Here is my method.
 Equal amounts egg, flour, and milk.
I use one of my prep bowls full to the top.










Whisk until smooth (takes about 1 min for me)











full each well in your stone muffin pan to 1/3 full. With the stone you don't need oil or to heat it up first!! do it from cold.






This is what they will look like when cooked. 


I forgot to take a pic of our cheesecake and of the meat so I won't put them up till next time I do them :)







I haven't done much on 'The Wedding' at all really as I have been cooking up a storm, and I got a migraine so went to bed early :(

Here is where I am up to
I know it doesn't look like much has been done, but here is the chart before and after the stitches I have done.

As you can see the one on the right is coloured in more in the top right corner than the one on the left. As  (this section has been removed as it mentions my OH)  and Jade were stitching more on 'The Wedding' I decided to make a start on one of my Christmas stitches. I am starting a Margaret Sherry design of a mouse and robin. Here is where I am up to.


I am going to get a bit more done now so speak soon x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment