Saturday 28 July 2012

Come shine and rain

 



I had an amazing lay in today, (this section has been removed as it mentions my OH)


When I eventually woke up we decided to take the girls and the dog to the park. 

We had loads of fun playing and sliding. 
 
 Here are the girls enjoying themselves with their cousin Harvey.



Even Benji joined in the fun by having a go on the big swing, his tail was going ten to the dozen once the swing started moving lol.


 
 


Jessica wasn't so keen on the zip line though as it went too fast and scared her a little. She was fine as soon as she got off though so don't worry.




 When we got home it started raining and so we decided to make some play dough. Emiliy wanted green and Jessica wanted blue, so we just split the dough in half before we put the colour in. Here's how we did it.

You will need, (I used one of my Pampered chef prep bowls as a measuring guide, which works out at one American cup size)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1 cup water
2 teaspoons cream of tartar (get it from the baking aisle in the supermarket)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
gel food colours of your choice


  

 Put all ingredients into a pan (I have one we use just for crafting so I don't ruin my cooking ones), cook on a medium heat stirring all the time!! (that is important!!) 

It is not far off being done at this point, so be careful. it took about 5 mins to get it here.





put the dough on to a floured surface we chopped ours in half at this point and add a small amount of food colouring, the more you add the more intense the finished colour, but you run the risk of the dye being transfered to the kids hands and/or clothes.
Then knead to spread the colour throughout.
You might want to wait a little for it to cool before giving it to kids to handle!!
 


If like today the rain stops while you are making it then send the kids out to play with it in the garden (save extra clean up in the house lol)







 I have also been doing some more of my cross stitch, OMG today is the first time I have used light shades. This is a type of thread that reflects light, but it is bloody awful to work with. It feels a little like plastic but snags like it has glitter attached. I must admit though it does look pretty good. You can kinda see the light reflecting in these pics.


Because I have done the light shade (which took so much longer to do than normal stitching) I haven't done much else on the rest of the pic but here is my work so far.
Not looking too bad, if I do say so myself lol. Anyway, time for me to go to bed, who knows what the kids will have me doing tomorrow, though I have a sneaky feeling Kerry will want to make more play dough, as she missed out today. Speak soon xx.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add a comment